IT Technical Support Specialist
Team Worldwide is a diversified logistics provider that offers “best in class” logistics solutions for its customers around the globe.
Team Worldwide has an opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist to join our IT support team. The position plays a key role in driving our business forward by operating in a hybrid role of customer-facing IT support, IT project implementation, and systems administration support. The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support to system users and IT staff, assists in resolving reported issues, assists in the completion of IT projects, and performs ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall system performance.
This is a full time on-site position in Winnsboro, Texas.
The Technical Support Specialist will be a key member of team, working with the group to:
- Respond to telephone calls, email and other requests for support on record updates, software questions and issues, hardware issues, and other technical matters.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Document, track and monitor support requests to ensure a timely resolution.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and general support of information systems, networks, printers, cabling, and etc.
- Perform upgrades, patches, and installation of equipment, software, and applications.
- Assist in documenting operations processes, maintaining databases, and maintaining project and trouble ticket status.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor network performance and perform testing to provide diagnosis of issues and assist with deployment of solutions.
- Assist in the administration and support of system servers and the server environment to maintain and enhance overall system performance.
- Provide support to senior network/server administrators.
- Perform as a member of an after-hours on-call rotation technical support team.
Required Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for learning and strong problem-solving, analytic and interpersonal skills who is willing to take the initiative and be able to work effectively across several different functional areas in a collaborative environment.
- 3+ years of business experience in desktop support (including remote support), to include maintaining computer networking systems, PC hardware/software, network devices, cabling, printers, and servers.
- Experience in Windows System Administration including: user and group configuration, file system access rights, active directory forests and domains, active directory replication
- Experience with Virtualization (VMWare ESXi and AWS EC2)
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with operating systems including Windows 10, Server 2012, and Server 2016
- Familiar with Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari)
- Familiar with TCP/IP, VPN, and networking
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+ and/or Microsoft Certifications (preferred not required)
If interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.